Various days are celebrated in the world on multiple days of the year as National and International days. People celebrate these days to point out their importance and value as well as to show concern for the celebrated things. October 2021 has been started and it has brought a lot of international days with itself. Do you want to update your knowledge about 1st October? And are you interested in getting information about what is celebrated on 1st October? Well, read this complete article.
What is Celebrated on 1st October?
On 1st October people of the world celebrate the following International days:
1. World Vegetarian Day
2. World Coffee Day
3. International Day of Older Persons
1. World Vegetarian Day | 1st October 2021
People of the world celebrate “World Vegetarian Day” every year on 1st October. In 1977, the “North American Vegetarian Society” established this day. And in 1978, this day was countersigned by the International Vegetarian Union “To promote the joy, compassion and life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism.” This day is observed to highlight the significance of “vegetarianism”.
“For those new to vegetarianism, it serves as an enticement to give meatless fare a try (even for a day) and learn about its many benefits,” according to the North American Vegetarian Society (NAVS).
Moreover, the NAVS website added,
“It is for vegetarians to observe their healthy and compassionate food choices”.NAVS
World Vegetarian Day Quotes
- “I made the choice to be vegan because I will not eat (or wear, or use) anything that could have an emotional response to its death or captivity. I can well imagine what that must feel like for our non-human friends – the fear, the terror, the pain – and I will not cause such suffering to a fellow living being.” Rai Aren
- “We all love animals. Why do we call some “pets” and others “dinner???” K.D. Lang
- “We strive for a world where every earthling has the right to live and grow. That’s why we don’t eat animals.” Ruby Roth
- “It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living, by its purely physical effect on the human temperament, would most beneficially influence a lot of mankind.” Albert Einstein
- “Animals are my friends…and I don’t eat my friends.” George Bernard Shaw
- “No animals need to die in order for me to live. And that makes me feel good.” Howard Lyman
(Quotes Source: Goodreads)
World Coffee Day |What is Celebrated on 1st October
There are a number of people who cannot start their day without a cup of Coffee. So, to promote as well as to celebrate the use of coffee, a day is dedicated to this beverage.
World Coffee Day is observed on 1st October. It is celebrated to identify the trouble of the farmers of the coffee beans and to show our love for the aromatic drinks. In 2015, 1st October was declared as International Coffee Day. This year in 2021, the people are celebrating World Coffee day with the theme “Coffee’s Next Generation”. The aim behind this theme is to provide access to finance, knowledge, training, and skill development to the people associated with the coffee industry.
World Coffee Day Quotes
- “Actually, this seems to be the basic need of the human heart in nearly every great crisis — a good hot cup of coffee.”(Alexander King)
- “Adventure in life is good; consistency in coffee even better.” Justina Chen
- “Coffee is a warm drink that fosters friendship and tastes great. What more is there to life?” Kevin Sinnott
- “A morning coffee is my favourite way of starting the day, settling the nerves so that they don’t later fray.” Marcia Carrington
- “Sometimes, they just make coffee cups too small.” Michelle M. Pillow
- “What goes best with a cup of coffee? Another cup”. Henry Rollins
- “Coffee, the favourite drink of the civilized world.”Thomas Jefferson
International Day of Older Persons
International Day of Older Persons is also celebrated on 1st October. This day is celebrated to show the value and significance of the presence of older persons in our lives. Older persons have great values in our lives and this day provides us with an opportunity to express our love for them and say thanks to them for their huge contribution to our lives. This day is observed to promote the respect and dignity of the older persons in society.
Nelson Mandela Says:
“A society that does not value its older people denies its roots and endangers its future. Let us strive to enhance their capacity to support themselves for as long as possible and, when they cannot do so anymore, to care for them.”
International Day of Older Persons Quotes
- To Make An Elderly Person Happy Is The Noblest Act A Young Person Can Ever Do! (Mehmet Murat Ildan)
- To Keep The Heart Unwrinkled, To Be Hopeful, Kindly, Cheerful, Reverent That Is To Triumph Over Old Age! (Thomas Bailey Aldrich)
- Those Who Respect the Elderly Pave Their Own Road toward Success (African Proverb)
- Wrinkles Should Merely Indicate Where Smiles Have Been! (Mark Twain)
- The Good Thing About Being Old Is Not Being Young. (Stephen Richards)
Almost every day is observed as some specific day. The purpose to celebrate things or events is to show our concern for them. Mostly, people cannot express their love and devotion to other people usually. But on such a special occasion, they try to put their feelings into words and express their love and concern by sharing greetings, messages and gifts. Now, we hope you have an idea about what is celebrated on 1st October. Is this article proved beneficial for you? Share with us in the comment section and let us know your views regarding this piece of writing.
Why do we celebrate International Coffee Day?
International Coffee Day is celebrated to educate people about the plight of the farmers who grow coffee beans and their economic instability. This day is celebrated to appreciate millions of coffee growers in the world.
Is there a World Coffee Day?
World Coffee Day is celebrated on 1st October in the world.
Is there a National Vegetarian Day?
On October 1, people celebrate vegetarian day and accept that the meatless lifestyle can actually be awesomely delicious.
Why do we celebrate Vegetarian Day?
We celebrate Vegetarian Day to spread awareness of the ethical, environmental, health and humanitarian benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle.
What is the theme of this year’s International Day of Older Persons?
The theme for International Day of Older Persons this year is “Digital Equity for All Ages” affirms the need for access and meaningful participation in the digital world by older persons.
How old is a senior citizen?