Human Resource and Minority Affairs Department has announced Punjab Government Minorities Scholarships. These scholarships are only for Minority students of Pakistan. So students belonging to the minority communities of any academic level from Metric to PhD can avail of this opportunity.
This is a great step of the Government of Punjab in favour of minority students. Under this scholarship program, selected deserving students from minority groups will get a fixed stipend every year. Students also enrolled in professional undergraduate degree courses and PhD courses will get PKR 50,000 yearly. And students enrolled in Postgraduate degree courses like MA/MSc/MS and MPhil programs will also get PKR 35000 yearly.
So we encourage all students of minority communities from all over Pakistan must apply for this scholarship and win it for continuing their studies without any financial worries. Interested candidates can submit their applications to the R&I Branch of the Department of Human Resource and Minority Affairs, Government of Punjab.
The last date to apply for Punjab Government Minorities Scholarships is 20th August 2021.
Punjab Government Minorities Scholarships Details:
|Category||Merit and Need-Based|
|Last Date||20th August 2021|
- Only students from Minority Groups can apply.
- However, Minority students getting an education in government institutes on a regular basis can apply for these scholarships.
- Students getting an education in government institutes in Punjab and/or Federal Government institutes in Punjab territory can also apply for these scholarships.
- Students having domicile of the province of Punjab are also eligible.
- To apply for these scholarships, students must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the last examination.
- The monthly income of the interested candidates should be less than or equal to PKR 32,755/-
- However, students studying under the Distance Education System/ Open Universities/Virtual Universities are not eligible to apply.
- The department may withhold or cancel the scholarship of any candidate due to incorrect educational credentials or other information and may refund the paid amount. And the department also reserves the right to take legal action in this regard.
How to Apply for Punjab Government Minorities Scholarships:
- Application form along with required documents attested by 17th Grade Officer (stamp without a name will not be accepted) must reach the undersigned till the due date 20th August 2021.
- The application form can also be sent by post to the following address of the Department of Human Rights and Minority Affairs, Government of Punjab; Edgerton Road, National Tower, Opposite Aiwan-e-Iqbal Lahore.
- However, applications received after due date will not be considered.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to deliver the application by post before the last date.
- The application form can also be taken from the office of the undersigned officer or from the website of the Human Resource and Minority Affairs Department.
- Candidate’s academic documents/Result Cards and also Equivalence Certificates
- Computerized CNIC of candidate as well as Parents/ Guardian
- Recent Domicile of candidate is also required
- Three passport size recent pictures of the candidate (Name and CNIC of the candidate should be mentioned on the backside of the pictures before attestation)
- The Certificate of Number or percentage issued by the Controller of Examinations or Head of Department in case of the semester.
Stipend for Punjab Govt Minority Scholarships:
The students from minority groups will get various packages of stipends due to their various levels of study. Therefore, eligible students must apply to grab this opportunity. The details of stipend for all level programs are also given below in the table.
|Degree Program||Yearly Stipend (2021)|
|Professional Education (MBBS/DVM/BDS/BSc engineering/ BSc Nursing/ Bsc Agriculture/Mphil/PHD/LLB/LLM etc)||Rs. 50,000/-|
|Postgraduate level (MA/MSc/M.COM/MCS/MBA etc)||Rs. 35,000/-|
|BA/BSc/BBA/B.COM/ 2 to 3 years degree or 4 years honours degree||Rs. 30,000/-|
|FA/FSc/I.COM/A-Level/DAE or Equivalent||Rs. 20,000/-|
|And Matriculation/O-Level or equivalent||Rs. 15,000/-|
In conclusion, Minority students should grab this opportunity and win scholarships. So don’t waste time and apply now for this scholarship. Also, share with your friends and class fellows to help them in winning these scholarships.
However, If you have any questions regarding this scholarship program, comment here to ask.