Best Home Remedies for Acne: Acne/ Pimples occur when the hair follicles in your skin are clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Blockage of hair follicles (pores) causes micro-pimples. As the size of micro-pimples inside the skin increases, the wall of the hair follicle ruptures resulting in redness and inflammation of the skin. These inflamed micro-pimples are commonly known as pimples/ acne. They may be of two types: whiteheads and blackheads.
Acne is common among teenagers but people of all ages can get acne/ pimples at any stage of life. Teenagers get acne due to hormonal imbalances during development. The earlier you consult with your dermatologist about your acne, the easier the cure will be and also you will avoid any major risk. I’m here with the main causes as well as some Best Home Remedies for Acne. I suggest you try out these amazing Home Remedies to treat your Acne.
Types of Acne
There are four kinds of acne or the development of pimples. Sometimes there is high sebum production in your skin cells that lead to acne. Another is the high production of keratin, Cutibacterium. And information is caused when bacteria grow and excrete waste products that damage skin cells.
- High sebum production
- Cutibacterium acnes
Must visit, 6 Best Home Remedies for Dandruff and Itchy Scalp.
Causes of Acne
When the hair follicles (skin pores) get blocked by oil & dead skin cells, it causes pimples. Sometimes these pimples turn into papules, “red bumps without pus” or pustules, “bumps containing pus”. Here are some main reasons behind acne development.
Sometimes Medications like lithium, steroids, and anticonvulsants can lead to acne.
Exposure to Sunlight is another critical reason. It turns sebum to oxidize which clogs the hair follicles resulting in the formation of pimples.
Endocrine Imbalances can lead to acne problems. Sometimes the hormone production in our body is low or high which causes an imbalance in many body functions.
Genetics decides the quality and quantity of your sebum in the skin. Thick and sticky sebum can cause acne problems.
Stress & Carelessness can be the main reason for getting acne. If you’re careless about your skin and when it goes for a long time, you’ll surely get pimples or any other skin problems. Stress also halts normal body functions and causes hormonal imbalances. Always be sure about the skincare products to avoid any skin problems.
Home Remedies for Acne
The treatment of acne by home remedies involved the use of herbal extracts. People have used these remedies for hundreds of years to treat acne. Below, I discussed some Best Home Remedies for Acne.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. So it can reduce swelling of pimples and kill bacteria that causes acne. Tea Tree Oil is a natural herb that can reduce the pimples from mild to moderate. If you’re going to use tea tree oil to treat acne, you must dilute the oil first. Then apply oil at your pimples as per recommendations.
- Apply diluted tea tree oil on your blemishes gently.
- Use cotton to apply oil.
- Let it dry and then use your usual moisturizer.
- You should try this remedy twice a day (morning & night).
Aloe Vera is an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial plant. It reduces swelling, redness, and breakouts. It is an excellent natural moisturizer. So, it’s one of the best Home Remedies for Acne for people who got dried skin from other products.
- Wash your face with freshwater.
- Apply a thin layer of aloe vera gel on the affected areas.
- Leave it overnight and wash your face next morning.
- Try it daily to see the best results.
Garlic is a booster to fight germs and lowers the chances of infections. Organosulfur compounds, the key components of garlic, have natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. People should add more garlic to their diet to fight against the swelling and outbreaks caused by acne. Garlic has antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and antiseptic properties due to the presence of a component Allicin. It helps to reduce inflammation and also regulates blood circulation.
- Cut a fresh garlic clove into two pieces.
- Rub the garlic pieces on the pimples/ acne and leave it for five minutes
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy several times a day to get better and quick results.
Honey can balance the growth of bacteria on your skin. It boosts the process of skin cells healing. Honey is a natural moisturizer and skin purifier. As it adds moisture to your dry skin cells and also draws out the impurities like dust, dead skin cells, clogs, etc from your skin. So, honey is one of the Best Home Remedies for Acne and Acne Scars.
- Wash your face with your face wash or soap and lukewarm water.
- Gently massage your face with your fingers till your face dries.
- Now apply honey to your face and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with fresh water. You’ll get glowing & clear skin.
Oranges contain high amounts of Vitamin C and acidic properties. Orange juice may also be used for acne but the orange peel is more effective. It helps to form the collagen and elastin of the skin (in the case of oily skin). It has antibacterial properties. It boosts the healing process of skin cells and reduces acne & acne scars.
- You have to dry the orange peel by exposing it to sunlight.
- Grind the dried orange peel to make a powder.
- Take this powder into a bowl and add some water to make a paste.
- Apply this orange peel paste on your face & let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
Lemon Juice is known as the best remedy to cure acne for its acidic properties. It clears your skin and draws out the dead skin cells, and dust that gets accumulated in the pores of facial skin. Lemon juice also hardens the sebum in the skin. It’s also helpful to get rid of acne breakouts.
- Take a fresh lemon and cut it into slices.
- Rub a slice of lemon on the affected area.
- Leave it for a few hours so that it can absorb deep into the skin.
- Rinse your face with fresh water.
NOTE: Lemon Juice can be applied daily on the face for acne. If it’s drying your skin, just use this remedy twice or thrice a week.
Potatoes have bleaching, anti-wrinkle, skin brightening & anti-bacterial properties. It cures hyperpigmentation and fights against the bacteria that cause acne. It also reduces inflammation and aging conditions. Potatoes are one of the easiest and cheapest Home Remedies for Acne. A raw potato has properties to cure whiteheads and acne scars as well.
- Boil the potato and mash it properly.
- Add two tablespoons of milk powder into the mashed potato.
- Apply this paste on your face or acne-affected areas.
- You can also use potato slices for acne. You have to put the potato slice on the affected areas.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes and wash your face with freshwater water.
Keep in mind, if home remedies for acne treatment don’t cure after two to four weeks, you must consult with a dermatologist. Do you know the delay in treatment increases the risk of developing stains in the skin, and permanent scars? So, don’t wait too long. Get an instant consultation for acne. Did you find this post helpful? Don’t forget to share with your friends & fellows. Stay tuned with the NaeTaze website for more updates.